- The Triple Crown Road Race will take place on Saturday March 27, 2021.
- Health and safety are our Priority. Aiken Running Club is taking every step to ensure the safety of runners. This event will have an “in person” capacity of 250 runners.
- There are Three Events: 5k, 10Miler, and Virtual 100 Mile Challenge.
- Net proceeds from all three events will benefit Great Oak Therapeutic Riding Center.
- The 5K and 10Miler are timed events. Timing service provided by 2 Girls and A Clock Race & Timing Services.
- The 10Miler Course is USATF Certified.
- The 5K Course is pending USATF Certification.
- All events participants receive a Goody bag and event tech shirt.
- Event Tech Shirt guaranteed if registered by March 14, 2021.
- Post Race refreshments for the 5K and 10Miler Finishers.
- Age Group Awards for the 10 mile and 5K Finishers.
- Packet Pickup will be the evenings of 3/25 and 3/26, more details to come.
- Visit our Facebook page Triple Crown Road Race for frequent updates.
- Start Time: 7:30am on March 27, 2021 for the 5K and 10Miler.
- Start and Finish Area: Odell Weeks 1700 Whiskey Road, Aiken SC 29803.
- 10 Miler Participants: Participants will need to maintain a 16 minute per mile pace. Participants who do not maintain that pace will be directed to the side of the course.
- 5K Participants: This is a family friendly event, however participants will need to finish by 10:00am due to road closures.
- Virtual 100 Mile Participants: The Triple Crown Road Race 100 mile challenge starts on March 1, 2021. Registered Participants have until March 25 to complete the 100 miles and log them on Strava for an opportunity to win Prizes.
Prizes will be awarded during the Triple Crown Road Race 5K and 10miler Awards ceremony on March 27, 2021, winners will be notified via the Triple Crown Road Race Facebook page and email notification.
- Participants are required to wear a mask/face covering pre and post events.
- Bring your own mask/face covering.
- Carry the mask/face covering with you in your pocket or running belt and put it on post event.
- Registrants are requested to refran from participating in any of the events if they are exhibiting any signs of illness and/or have been exposed to any of the following COVID19, Flu, Cold, etc.
- Strollers, bicycles, roller skates, scooters, in-line skates will be prohibited from the course.
- The use of headphones is discouraged.
- 10 miler participants must maintain a 16 minute per mile pace.
- Event volunteers and spectators are required to wear a mask/face covering for the duration of the event.
- Physical Distancing will be maximized in runner only areas, included by not limited to bib pick-up, portable restroom lines, race start, water stations, finish and post-race food and activity.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own water bottle or hydration device.
- Sealed water bottles will be available at water stations at mile marker 4.5 and 6.5 and at the finish line.
- There is one on course Port A Pot at mile marker 4.5 and 6.5.
- Restrooms are accessible at Odell Weeks in the start and finish area.
- Post Race refreshments may consist of packaged products such as nutrition bars, fruits. Sealed water bottles will be available.
WEATHER: Aiken Running Club plans to hold the 5K and the 10 miler regardless of rain, sleet, heat or shine.
In the circumstance the event is cancelled due to weather, Aiken Running Club will not provide refunds or virtual options.
COVID19: Aiken Running Club may cancel the 5K and/or 10Miler in the circumstance where the city and/or county officials determine the event cannot take place.
If such a circumstance would occur, Aiken Running Club will provide participants of the 5K and 10 miler the option of a refund or virtual.
Questions can be directed to TripleCrownRoadRace@gmail.com
Register for the 10-Miler, 5k and Virtual 100 Mile Challenge on Active: Click Here
- $25.00 2/1 to 2/28
- $35.00 3/1 to Race Day
- 10 Miler
- $45.00 2/1 to 2/28
- $55.00 3/1 to Race Day
- 100 Mile Virtual Challenge
- $30.00 2/1 to Race Day
Transferring of events: Transferring of events is allowed up until 3/24.
– If you are transferring to a lower price event you will not be refunded the difference.
– If you are transferring to a higher price event you will need to pay the cost difference between the two events.
-Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Note: Aiken Running Club Members get a discount for this event. Please check the February Aiken Running Club Newsletter for the Member Discount Codes.
- The Triple Crown Road Race 100 mile challenge starts on March 1, 2021.
- Registered Participants have until March 25 to complete the 100 miles and log them on Strava for an opportunity to win Prizes.
- You can register at any time to participate in the challenge.
- Registered Participants can complete the mileage walking, running, and/or biking.
- Prizes will be awarded during the Triple Crown Road Race 5K and 10miler Awards ceremony on March 27, 2021.
- Winners will be notified via the Triple Crown Road Race Facebook page and email notification.
The Aiken Running Club would like to thank our sponsors for their generosity.
All sponsors of the 2021 Triple Crown Road Race receive the following:
- Business Name on the back of the event tech shirt.
- Promotion of your business on the Triple Crown Road Race Facebook page and the Triple Crown Road Race Website.
If you are interested in sponsoring the Triple Crown Road Race events in 2021 please contact us by 3/12/2021 at TripleCrownRoadRace@gmail.com