The Triple Crown Road Race will take place on Saturday March 12, 2022.
- Health and safety are our Priority. Aiken Running Club is taking every step to ensure the safety of runners. This event will have an “in person” capacity of 250 runners.
- There are Three Events: 5k, 10Miler, and Virtual 30 Mile Challenge.
- Net proceeds from all three events will benefit Great Oak Therapeutic Riding Center.
- The 5K and 10Miler are timed events. Timing service provided by 2 Girls and A Clock Race & Timing Services.
- The 10Miler and 5K Course is USATF Certified.
- All events participants receive a Goody bag and event tech shirt.
- Event Tech Shirt guaranteed if registered by March 2, 2021.
- Post Race refreshments for the 5K and 10Miler Finishers.
- Awards for 10-Mile (Male/Female divisions):
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd overall
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd age groups: 12 and under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- Awards for 5k (Male/Female divisions):
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd overall
- Packet Pickup
- Friday, 5:00-7:00pm, Location: TBD
- Saturday/Race Day, 6:30-7:10, Odell Weeks Activity Center
- Visit our Facebook page Triple Crown Road Race for frequent updates.
- Start Time: 7:30am on March 12, 2022 for the 5K and 10Miler.
- Start and Finish Area: Odell Weeks 1700 Whiskey Road, Aiken SC 29803.
- 10 Miler Participants: Participants will need to maintain a 16 minute per mile pace. Participants who do not maintain that pace will be directed to the side of the course.
- 5K Participants: This is a family friendly event, however participants will need to finish by 10:00am due to road closures.
- Virtual 30 Mile Participants: The Triple Crown Road Race 30 mile challenge starts on February TBD. Registered Participants have until March TBD to complete the 30 miles.
- Race Day Schedule:
- 6:30-7:00am: On-site registration. Registration on race day is not guaranteed and no entries will be accepted after 7:00am
- 7:30am: Start of Triple Crown 10-Mile and 5K
- 9:30am: RFID chip timing ends
- 9:45am: Awards ceremony
- 10:10 Manual timing ends, and 10 Mile course closes
- Registrants are requested to refran from participating in any of the events if they are exhibiting any signs of illness and/or have been exposed to any of the following COVID19, Flu, Cold, etc.
- Strollers, bicycles, roller skates, scooters, in-line skates, and animals will be prohibited from the course.
- The use of headphones is discouraged.
- 10 miler participants must maintain a 16 minute per mile pace.
- Water/aid stations will be located at approximate race distances of 2.5, 4.5, 6 and 8 miles.
- The majority of the race will be run on back streets open to normal traffic.
- There is one on course Port A Pot at mile marker 4.5 and 6.5.
- Restrooms are accessible at Odell Weeks in the start and finish area.
- Post Race refreshments may consist of packaged products such as nutrition bars, fruits. Sealed water bottles will be available.
WEATHER: Aiken Running Club plans to hold the 5K and the 10 miler regardless of rain, sleet, heat or shine.
In the circumstance the event is cancelled due to weather, Aiken Running Club will not provide refunds or virtual options.
COVID19: Aiken Running Club may cancel the 5K and/or 10Miler in the circumstance where the city and/or county officials determine the event cannot take place.
If such a circumstance would occur, Aiken Running Club will provide participants of the 5K and 10 miler the option of a refund or virtual.
Questions can be directed to TripleCrownRoadRace@gmail.com
Register for the 10-Miler, 5k and Virtual 30 Mile Challenge at Packet Pick-up or Event.
3/7 last day to register online
- $25.00 10/31 to 12/31
- $30.00 1/1 to 1/31
- $35.00 2/1 to Race Day
- 10 Miler
- $40.00 10/31 to 12/31
- $45.00 1/1 to 1/31
- $50 2/1 to Race Day
- 30 Mile Virtual Challenge
- $25.00 10/31 to Race Day
Onsite Registration is available by cash or check during the following:
- 3/11 Packet Pickup 5pm to 7pm, Location: TBD
- 3/12 on race day from 630am to 7:10am, Location: Event Location
Transferring of events: Transferring of events is allowed up until 3/9.
– If you are transferring to a lower price event you will not be refunded the difference.
– If you are transferring to a higher price event you will need to pay the cost difference between the two events.
-Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- The Triple Crown Road Race 30 mile challenge starts on TBD.
- Registered Participants have until March TBD to complete the 30 miles.
- You can register at any time to participate in the challenge.
- Registered Participants can complete the mileage walking, running, and/or biking.
The Aiken Running Club would like to thank our sponsors for their generosity.
All sponsors of the 2022 Triple Crown Road Race receive the following:
- Business Name on the back of the event tech shirt.
- Promotion of your business on the Triple Crown Road Race Facebook page and the Triple Crown Road Race Website.